- From: Daniel DeLeo <
- To: Chef Dev <
- Subject: [[chef-dev]] Chef 0.9.10 RC Available for Testing
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:27:37 -0700
I've just pushed release candidate version of Chef 0.9.10 to
rubygems.org. Please test and report any bugs you find.
# Features And Bug Fixes #
Here's a totally unscientific sampling of bug fixes and new features
in Chef 0.9.10:
* Improved Solaris and Windows Support, including a knife windows bootstrap
* Fixes to cookbook uploading and downloading where metadata updates
were not being respected, and versions were not sorted correctly
* Attributes from JSON are applied **before** attribute files are
processed, as was the behavior in 0.8.x and previous
* `knife exec` allows you to run shef scripts
* New resource/provider for reloading ohai data
* Chef client now cleans up its cache of file/template checksums
* knife ec2 server create should now be more reliable
* knife ssh logs a warning (instead of failing) when some hosts are
* knife cookbook delete --purge now works correctly
Thanks for testing, enjoy!
Dan DeLeo (kallistec)
- [[chef-dev]] Chef 0.9.10 RC Available for Testing, Daniel DeLeo, 10/07/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.