[[chef-dev]] BDD / TDD for libraries+fat resources / LWR/P

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] BDD / TDD for libraries+fat resources / LWR/P
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:21:32 -0700

Yo,

I recently had the chance to write an advanced resource inside of a Library in a cookbook, much in the way chef-deploy used to be shipped prior to us merging it in 0.7.x.

It basically wraps RemoteFile, but adds bucket_name, object & credz: auto-generating 10-minute signed URL's for Amazon's S3.

It felt like it needed tests, but there was no (obvious) mechanism to jam some spec/ into, so I lumped it together with my (growing) pile of non-tested Infrastructure automation code.

Feels like I need a "validate" resource that you can chuck at the end of a recipe that runs off and runs some User Stories or some shit.

Thoughts?

AJ