[[chef-dev]] [chef] [chef-dev] Grouping servers for a better overview

  • From: WEINHAPL Andreas < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] [chef] [chef-dev] Grouping servers for a better overview
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:32:10 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US, fr-FR
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, fr-FR

Hi,

I just want to create this:
cid:image001.png@01CBDCE0.D4B1D3C0

So I will describe it a little bit. In our environment we don’t have only Windos / Ubuntu/Debian /RH servers (just like you J ). So my problem is that we want to create a maintenance role for updating these servers! But here is the problem. If you see the server name doesn’t describe the function or the OS running on it. Is there a way to create “server-groups” which include only windows servers or something like this because with these groups we can easily put a the correct “maintenance-role” (cookbooks for maintenance) to them if they are needed.

Best regards

Andreas Weinhapl