[[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Chef 0.10 RC is available

  • From: Charles Sullivan < >
  • Cc: Chef Dev < >,
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Chef 0.10 RC is available
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:34:15 -0500

Is there support for bootstrapping EC2 instances using Amazon VPC?

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Joshua Timberman < "> > wrote:
Note that for the bootstrap cookbooks, the cookbooks and attributes have changed. The wiki will be updated for the actual release.

Example chef.json:

{
"chef_server": {
"url": "http://localhost:4000",
"webui_enabled": true
},
"run_list": [ "recipe[chef-server::rubygems-install]" ]
}

Updates to the cookbook can be found in my 0.10-betatest branch, and will be merged into the Opscode repo, and released on the Community site soon.

https://github.com/jtimberman/cookbooks/tree/0.10-betatest

The README.md in the chef-server cookbook:

https://github.com/jtimberman/cookbooks/blob/0.10-betatest/chef-server/README.md

--
Opscode, Inc.
Joshua Timberman, Director of Training and Services

--
Charles Sullivan
">