[[chef-dev]] CentOS 5 Ruby Packages

  • From: James < >
  • To: , Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] CentOS 5 Ruby Packages
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:18:29 -0700

I have posted new builds for ruby and rubygems. The ruby version was built based on the ruby-1.8.7-299 package in RHEL6-updates, and contains a variety of changes in regard to patches and the spec file itself. The rubygem package is a rebuild to fix issues with the previous build.

Here is a bootstrap template: https://gist.github.com/1144412

I have installed these packages on i386 and x86_64, they register and run recipes. Please test against segfaults, as I have been unable to encounter one since the yum issue, was has been resolved, as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

James

  • [[chef-dev]] CentOS 5 Ruby Packages, James, 08/13/2011