[chef-dev] Impossible to call the provider

  • From: Alexander Kleymenov < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Impossible to call the provider
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 12:23:50 +0400

Hello!
We're trying to write a provider. For example: MySql. It consists of the
following components:

mysql/attributes/default.rb
containing:

default['mysql']['m_version'] = "1.0.0"

mysql/attributes/providers.rb
containing:

action :ololo do
 execute "print some" do
   puts "Olololo!"

mysql/resouces/default.rb
containing:

actions :ololo
attribute :ololo, :kind_of => String

After that, we are creating a recipe dump_extract/recipes/default.rb,
containing the following:

include Chef::Provider::Mysql

mysql do
 provider "default"
end

After that, we're trying to run dump_extract, but it is impossible to
call the provider Mysql.
Tell me please how to make a call to the provider. The official
documentation contain very little information.

Thank you!

P.S. mysql used as an examplecall it something different: ololoIt essentially does not changewe need to write own providerbut it's not clear how to do itdocumentation is very vague.

--
Best Regards,
Alexander Kleymenov

mobile: +7(903)197-1881
jabber/gtalk: " target="_blank">

  • [chef-dev] Impossible to call the provider, Alexander Kleymenov, 01/30/2012