[chef-dev] Re: 3/21 Opscode Ticket Triage

  • From: Akzhan Abdulin < >
  • To: Bryan McLellan < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: 3/21 Opscode Ticket Triage
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 00:27:31 +0400

Great news. What about releasing new release of Chef itself?

2012/3/22 Bryan McLellan < "> >
Howdy Chefs,

I plan on releasing Ohai 0.6.12 tomorrow.

Merging weekly seems to be going well and the merge backlog is being cut down.

We continue to hire and seek additional developers [1] and we've got
an increasing number of contractors on-boarding now as well. So much
awesome to build!

This is a lot of tickets! My gut says that the contribution pace has
picked up and that's great.

To merge:
 CHEF-2970 - include_recipe considers cookbook and cookbook::default
as distinct recipes
 CHEF-2976 - 'knife node run_list remove' should be able of removing
a list of item from the run list
 CHEF-2968 - 'knife node run_list add' should take a list of RunListItems
 CHEF-1398 - Run List Item regex is too lenient, creating bizarre
invalid item names
 CHEF-1681 - cron provider on ubuntu won't renable a commented out cron job
 COOK-599 - chef-client::config recipe breaks folder permissions of
chef-server::rubygems-install recipe on same node
 COOK-1098 - Amazon Linux support in build-essential cookbook
 COOK-1100 - apache2 cookbook should support Amazon Linux AMI installation
 COOK-1106 - Bluepill chkconfig loader is not valid format for Centos 5
 COOK-1107 - Bluepill files fail to write to Centos 5 nodes because
the group ID is a string and not an integer
 COOK-1119 - Nagios cookbook should allow setting command_timeout /
dont_blame_nrpe options
 COOK-1120 - NRPE needs to allow monitoring from servers in multiple
environments
 COOK-1124 - parameterised driftfile and statsdir to be configurable
by platform
 COOK-1125 - cron cookbook centos support
 COOK-1126 - NGINX source version bump to 1.0.14

Other:
 CHEF-1761 - Change signal TERM to quit after the running jobs are finished
 Reopened - We still need to fix sigterm
 CHEF-2738 - invalid gem format for bunny-0.7.8 during bootstrap
 Closed - Cannot reproduce
 CHEF-1665 - Package checksums
 Closed - Duplicate of CHEF-2046.
 CHEF-892 - Odd symlinks in gitorious repo cause FileUtils.cp_r to
fail in copy_cached_repo stage of deploy
 Closed - Cannot reproduce
 CHEF-958 - chef-solo should be a separate gem
 Closed - Wont fix
 CHEF-2989 - SmartOS Support in Chef
 Reopened - Use shell_out!, consider using the refactored cron
provider, more tests please
 CHEF-2988 - Run List Modifiers
 Reviewed - Needs more review
 COOK-803 - windows_package should take a timeout value for the
shell_out! for large downloads
 Duplicate - COOK-811
 COOK-823 - WebPI homes with spaces fail
 Reopened - Patches are incomplete
 COOK-899 - nginx source recipe should use service based on an attribute
 Closed - Already merged
 COOK-971 - yum:epel and yum:ius recipes not entirely idempotent
 Duplicate - already fixed.
 COOK-1105 - missing init style cookbook dependencies in chef-client
cookbook's metadata
 Reopened - Should we depend on many cookbooks we may use?
 COOK-1108 - Add support for /etc/sudoers.d to the sudo cookbook
 Duplicate - COOK-350
 COOK-1122 - Extend munin cookbook for the amazon platform
 Reopened - Missing commit
 COOK-1109 - Resolver cookbook should fail run if nameservers
attribute has not been set
 Reopened - Resolve deep_merge attribute issue and validate all array elements
 COOK-1123 - djbdns - data bag based configuration
 Reopened - Why use a data bag for configuration attributes?
 COOK-824 - WebPI does not account for forking windows issue
 Closed - Fixed in Chef

--
Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
(c) 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org

[1] http://www.opscode.com/careers/