[chef-dev] Re: clients able to delete themselves / auto-scaling

  • From: Alex Soto < >
  • To: " Dev" < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: clients able to delete themselves / auto-scaling
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:05:42 -0700

Here's a rake task I use.

YMMV

Alex

On May 15, 2012, at 10:18 AM, Michael Ivey wrote:

We're running some tests with EC2 auto scaling. It's working great when the nodes come up, and we have them deleting their node in the chef server when they get scaled down, but we have lots of leftover clients, since a client can't delete itself.

How would folks feel about a patch to allow a client to delete itself even if it's not an admin?

Does anyone have alternate suggestions that we might have missed?

Thanks.