[chef-dev] Re: Opscode 7/9 Code Review

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: Bryan McLellan < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Opscode 7/9 Code Review
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 02:45:10 +0530

I have tested the why run mode again "Amazon Linux AMI release 2012.03", till now its working fine for me,
thanks
ranjib

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Bryan McLellan < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
There has been only about 50 downloads of 10.14.0.beta.1 so far and I
haven't heard back from anyone who has tried why-run yet. I'd
appreciate it if someone could try it on a Redhat platform and report
back.

To merge:
  CHEF-3104 - Adds fork support for chef runs
  CHEF-3209 - multiple chef-client daemon could run without locking pidfile
  CHEF-3210 - wrong regexp in provider/service/freebsd.rb
  CHEF-3251 - knife-google plugin uses -N for 2 options on server create
  CHEF-3261 - Use ui object instead of puts in knife bootstrap
  CHEF-3266 - Apt provider still can't install packages from different
default release

Other:
  CHEF-3023 - chef-server install via omnibus installer fails on RHEL 6
  Closed - Wontfix, now using the ruby-omnibus framework.
  CHEF-3202 - Items are not ordered in Chef web UI list
  Reviewed - Need to test this against the rails3 branch
  CHEF-3211 - use "onestatus" instead of "status" in provider/service/freebsd.rb
  Reopened - Reason? Also, tests please.
  CHEF-3237 - Expanding '~/Library/LaunchAgents' fails resolving HOME
when running chef-client as root
  Reopened - Need to move this out of the object initialization and
provide a test.
  CHEF-3239 - chef masks missing file errors when trying to read the config
  Reopened - Provide a regression test.
  CHEF-3250 - Use rsync as the default copy method for deploy provider
  Reopened - Why would we copy to the same target twice? Use case.
  CHEF-3254 - Run garbage collector before sleeping
  Reopened - refactor to avoid the code duplication
  CHEF-3255 - Knife doesn't filter out older versions of plugins
  Reopened - Please add a regression test

--
Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
(c) 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org