[chef-dev] Knife-windows: Can't authenticate

  • From: Peter Loron < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Knife-windows: Can't authenticate
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:43:26 -0700

Hello. I'm working on trying to get some tests completed using chef and the knife-windows plugin. I'm hoping to be able to prove out using chef to replace our deployment tooling as well as doing the usual infrastructure automation. The issue I'm running into is that while I can issue remote commands directly to another Windows machine via winrs, I cannot issue the same command using the knife-windows plugin. There is an existing ticket on this issue, which I have added my comments to:

http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/KNIFE_WINDOWS-25

I'm happy to work with the devs (in person is ok…I'm about 2 blocks from the Opscode office) in getting this solved.

Thanks!

-Pete