[chef-dev] node appears in all chef-repo searches if there is a "*" wildcard in query

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To: Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] node appears in all chef-repo searches if there is a "*" wildcard in query
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:10:52 +0200

Dear fellow chefs,

I have an issue where a specific node appears in virtually all results for queries that have a "*" in the query

so node      qafoobar1.example.com appears in the results for queries like

"name:dv*.example.com"

"name:prod*1*"

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I tried deleting the node and client several times to no avail.

  • [chef-dev] node appears in all chef-repo searches if there is a "*" wildcard in query, Bryan Berry, 08/10/2012