[chef-dev] Minitest Chef Handler on Windows OR Installing Gems in Embedded Ruby on Windows

  • From: Jay Flowers < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Minitest Chef Handler on Windows OR Installing Gems in Embedded Ruby on Windows
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:27:50 -0400

I am new to minitest chef handler...  It seems to me that I need the gem installed before the solo.rb file's require statement is interpreted.  How do I get this gem installed into a Window's Chef installation?  I know how to do this with a normal Ruby install but it is embedded in Chef and I can't find a gem.bat file to execute in the Chef directory tree.  Can I buy a clue?

Jay Flowers
http://jayflowers.com