[chef-dev] Re: error in json_compat when doing a cookbook upload

  • From: Kishore S Kumar < >
  • To: Seth Falcon < >
  • Cc: Daniel DeLeo < >, chef-dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: error in json_compat when doing a cookbook upload
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:55:47 +0530

Got it.. !! :-) thanks for response

On Dec 5, 2012 9:26 AM, "Seth Falcon" < "> > wrote:

On Dec 4, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Kishore S Kumar wrote:
Thanks for reply.. One last question
> Is there a plan to remove json_class from all the jsons chef uses? Or would newer chef servers don't return a json with chef::sandbox for json_class?

Removing the 'json_class' key from JSON responses sent by Chef Server and altering the Chef code base to use a more explicit mechanism of parsing JSON data into Chef objects is something that the team at Opscode would like to see happen.

We don't, at present, have an explicit timeline for when these changes would occur. The first step would be making changes to the client code to not rely on the json_class auto-inflation. Then in a major release, the server could stop emitting those keys.

+ seth