[chef-dev] Re: Exclude a recipe in whyrun mode

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To: Kishore S Kumar < >
  • Cc: chef-dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Exclude a recipe in whyrun mode
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 08:49:58 -0800

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Kishore S Kumar wrote:

Override runlist does not work in my case as I'm trying automate it. However if I'm going to add config check for whyrun would it be possible to do it in my recipe something like 'not_if Chef::Config[why_run]'

You'd need to use the block form:

  not_if { Chef::Config[:why_run] }

Just a quick question, what is it about this recipe that makes you want to avoid it in why run mode?

--
Daniel DeLeo