[chef-dev] Re: Create ldap users LWRP

  • From: Paul Mooring < >
  • To: chef-dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Create ldap users LWRP
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:22:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We had an interesting discussion around this at the community summit.  The context was mostly around AD but the consensus was that most people using AD/LDAP do so because they already have a great interface or good software for managing users and there was no use building this into Chef.  However there was a desire to be able to communicate with an existing LDAP infrastructure, for example a nice library to check if a user is in a particular group.

--
Paul Mooring
Systems Engineer and Customer Advocate

www.opscode.com