[chef-dev] Re: Re: CHEF-3237: code review + help needed for rspec test

  • From: Ringo De Smet < >
  • To: Igor Afonov < >
  • Cc: Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: CHEF-3237: code review + help needed for rspec test
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 22:01:40 +0100

Igor,

On 5 February 2013 20:28, Igor Afonov < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

I've quickly fixed the error and submitted a pull request for it - https://github.com/opscode/chef/pull/624

The problem with your fix is that you've removed initialize method which is a standard ruby constructor, also it is easier to check for HOME environment variable presence that try expansion and catch errors.

The service provider in the opscode main branch also doesn't contain the initialize method, so it delegates to the superclass, no?

The initialize method in my branch was there due to my previous implementation but it didn't suffice. See the ticket comments for that. I hope your fix gets accepted as this ticket has been open for way to long. Normally, with the ticket in "Fix provided" it should be processed in the next ticket review by Opscode.

Just out of curiosity: can you explain me why the rspec tests in my branch for this ticket don't work? I just wanna know what I did wrong, hopefully learning something along the way. :-)

Tnx for the help!

Ringo