[chef-dev] Re: Berkshelf and chef-solo

  • From: Jesse Nelson < >
  • To: Jay Flowers < >
  • Cc: chef-dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Berkshelf and chef-solo
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 05:38:39 -0800

you can pull the cookbooks out into a filesystem path with  berkshelf --path

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Jay Flowers < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I am new to Berkshelf...  I see how to use it with Vagrant and chef-solo, but I am wondering how to use it with chef-solo on a host OS, you know without Vagrant.  I don't see any documentation on this.  I would expect there would be some special code to put in the solo.rb to hook up the cookbooks managed by Berkshelf into chef-solo's config item cookbook_path.  Something similar to the two lines needed for Vagrant config:

require 'berkshelf/vagrant'

Vagrant::Config.run do |config|
  config.berkshelf.berksfile_path = "/Users/reset/code/my_face/Berksfile"
end
Is this supported?  If not anyone see how to write in support?

--
Jay Flowers
http://jayflowers.com