[chef-dev] Re: Re: cookbook metadata - add chef version compatibility info

  • From: Avishai Ish-Shalom < >
  • To: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • Cc: Mike < >, Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: cookbook metadata - add chef version compatibility info
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:11:54 +0300

hmm... you raise good points. we could use multiple `compatible` clauses which solves the problem of multiple release tracks, but i like your feature oriented suggestion. so this would look something like:

provides_features :feature_name, :another_feature_name
depends_features :whyrun, :lwrp_inline_resources

the downside is that there will have to be a relatively big ramp up to get features named, defined and declared.

as for chef server handling of metadata, i'll test when i have some time.