[chef-dev] CHEF-2944

  • From: Joshua Timberman < >
  • To: Chef Developers < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] CHEF-2944
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:06:52 -0600

Sending on behalf of Joan Touzet:

Hey everyone, long time listener, first time caller here. ;)

I've been stymied by this issue for a while:http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-2944  Long story short, a pernicious Ruby bug means that if you talk to chef-server via SSL, you can end up hanging chef-client forever. The gory details are in the ticket.

Thoughts I have heard for fixing it include a monkey-patch (but what about Ruby 2.0?) and "not running chef over https" which is, unfortunately, not an option.

What else could be done, if anything?

--
Joshua Timberman