[chef-dev] Re: [chef] Passing on_error config to knife ssh

  • From: Anay Nayak < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: [chef] Passing on_error config to knife ssh
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:59:48 +0530

Should I instead open a ticket and send a pull request to allow the on_error config attribute to be overridden using a command line parameter ?

Thanks,
Anay

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
We are using knife ssh to trigger simultaneous chef-client runs across multiple
instances present in AWS. However whenever the IP address of an EC2 instance
changes, the resulting chef search returns older IP addresses which effectively
lead to a warning indicating that it failed to connect to the instance.

WARNING: Failed to connect to  -- Errno::ETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out -
connect(2)

Ideally I'd like to set the on_error knife ssh config variable to :raise
instead of :skip so that knife ssh fails with a non-zero exit code. How do I go
about setting this config attribute? Is it possible to set this in knife.rb?