[chef-dev] Re: Any equivalent of "puppet augeas" in Chef?

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Any equivalent of "puppet augeas" in Chef?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:33:51 -0700

theres a line resource iirc and also fileedit, i dont know if anybody has written a native augeas binding. I was considering it for editing in place xml configs (because chef used internal dsl, building augeus like capabilities are trivial), but extending augeas is another pain (the lenses needs to be written in its own dsl ), afterwards i fall back to home grown nokogiri based in place xml_template file resource.

http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/line
http://rubydoc.info/gems/chef/0.8.16/Chef/Util/FileEdit