[chef-dev] Re: Re: Dialect support and loading enhancements

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Dialect support and loading enhancements
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:54:39 -0700

On 9/19/13 3:54 PM, Adam Jacob wrote:

1) Do other people actually think the directory structure of a cookbook is the biggest barrier to learning? This confuses the crap out of me - but I'm the one that inflicted the directory structure on you, so perhaps I'm an awful judge.

I made another proposal to deprecate file specificity and deprecate the templates directory as part of unifying/simplifying the file providers... Its complexity that doesn't often get used and is probably better moved into the recipe. I've gotten tired of doing "mkdir templates/default" and "cd templates/default" all the time when i never use file specificity... The sharks may be circling this one...