[chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: Problem when downloading Cookbooks from Chef-10 server

  • From: John Keiser < >
  • To: Seth Falcon < >
  • Cc: Michael Vaknin < >, Daniel DeLeo < >, Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: Problem when downloading Cookbooks from Chef-10 server
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:58:45 -0700

(You can also pass --concurrency 1 to knife upload to achieve the same effect--the issue occurs when multiple cookbooks get uploaded simultaneously, and concurrency 1 turns that off.)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Seth Falcon < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Hi there,

"> writes:
> I had some netowrk issues which are now fixed.
> All data except the cookbooks are uploaded to the chef11 server correctly.
> the cookbooks still fails with this errors

Are you using `knife upload` to upload your cookbooks? The error trace
from bookshelf looks like a recently found and fixed bookshelf bug that
causes a deadlock when the same checksums (cookbook content) are
uploaded at the same time -- something that can easily happen due to the
way that `knife upload` parallelizes the work.

I suspect you will be able to work around this issue by doing: `knife
cookbook upload -a` rather than making use of `knife upload`.

We've made a number of improvements to bookshelf which will be available
in the next Chef Server release.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Development Lead | Opscode | @sfalcon