[chef-dev] Re: [chef] RE: Re: Re: Knife-vsphere vs powetCLI

  • From: Anna Redding < >
  • To: Ross Mohan < >
  • Cc: " " < >, " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: [chef] RE: Re: Re: Knife-vsphere vs powetCLI
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:17:31 -0500

Thank you.  I will look into those possibilities as well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Ross Mohan < "> > wrote:

Anna,

Don't know any powerCLI yet, but....and apologize if this is woefully misinformed or irrelevant to your needs...isn't there a massive REST API interface to that?

One of two ways:

Reach through to vCenter functionality through Orchestrator REST API

or

Rube Goldberg it by using REST API commands to Powershell 3 itself (and then from Powershell to whatever you need...)

curl (or wget) could be your new friend....

Regards,

Ross