[chef-dev] Chef Issue Tracking and Contribution Workflow Updates

  • From: Serdar Sutay < >
  • To: Chef Dev < >,
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Chef Issue Tracking and Contribution Workflow Updates
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:47:53 -0700

Ohai Chefs,

For a while we have been talking about trails and potential improvements for issue tracking and the contribution workflow of Chef. In order to have a smoother process, starting today we are officially starting to use Github Issues to track all the issues and contributions to Chef.

On Monday 6/23 we will disable new issue creation on our current JIRA issue tracker (http://tickets.opscode.com/). We have a migration plan in place for the existing unresolved issues. We will keep JIRA online for searching and referencing past issues. Commenting on existing issues will still be allowed for the time being to help finish up existing issues and transition everyone to the new system. We will be watching the issue comments on JIRA to make sure we don't lose anyone on the way over.

You can check out our blog post (http://www.getchef.com/blog/2014/06/16/chef-issue-tracking-and-contribution-workflow-updates/) which talks about the change in detail. We believe this change will smooth the glitches and make us more responsive to you.

Let us know if you have any concerns or questions about this change.

Bryan & Serdar