[chef-dev] Using Varnish community cookbook's "git_vmod" in a wrapper cookbook?

  • From: JT Gray < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Using Varnish community cookbook's "git_vmod" in a wrapper cookbook?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:05:08 -0400

Greetings,

I am interested in using "git_vmod" in a wrapper cookbook's recipe, but my understanding is that this is not possible as "definitions" cannot be wrapped and this method should be converted to an LWRP in order to be available to my wrapper cookbook.  Has anyone done this sort of thing before, converted a definition to an LWRP?  Beyond the Chef LWRP documentation, are any specific resources helpful for accomplishing this sort of task?  I welcome any suggestions, as I would like to construct the LWRP in a way that's straightforward and useful to others.

Thanks,
JT

  • [chef-dev] Using Varnish community cookbook's "git_vmod" in a wrapper cookbook?, JT Gray, 08/20/2014