[chef-dev] Chef Client 12.0.0 Release

  • From: Serdar Sutay < >
  • To: Chef Dev < >, " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Chef Client 12.0.0 Release
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 12:34:58 -0800

Ohai chefs,

Last night with a lot of excitement we've released Chef Client 12.0.0:

Wohoooo!

Even though this is a major version bump for Chef Client, we have put in a lot of effort to keep backwards compatibility and to decrease the friction to upgrade to this release. And even though we have put in a lot of effort, we're expecting some corner cases to be issues during migration. But as always we are here to help and ready to fix things that are impacting you during your migration.

Our blog post has a section in the end that talks about the currently known issues for migration. Soon we will get them added to our official documentation and keep them up to date.

Thank you all for your contributions to this release and helping us work through the issues to make Chef better for everyone.

-- Serdar

  • [chef-dev] Chef Client 12.0.0 Release, Serdar Sutay, 12/05/2014