[chef-dev] Re: Windows CI for Chef Client

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: Jay Mundrawala < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Windows CI for Chef Client
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:10:21 -0800

this is awesome! kudos man.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Jay Mundrawala < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Ohai Chefs,

Today is the day we stop checking in code to Chef Client that breaks on Windows. (Insert clever image here)

This morning, we enabled AppVeyor for Chef. What is AppVeyor you ask? Well, you know how when you break something, and Travis tells you to FIXIT? Well, it turns out, that only runs against Ubuntu. This is where AppVeyor comes into the picture. It will let you know when you've broken something on Windows. And yes, you need to FIXIT :).

Currently, it is running on and green against master, and we will follow the same process for the 12-stable branch. Going forward, you will see multiple statuses on your PRs, one for Travis CI and one for AppVeyor. We will continue using Travis CI to run tests against your changes on Ubuntu, while the addition of AppVeyor will do the same using a Windows instance.

If you need help setting up a Windows development environment so you can fix AppVeyor failures, please ask.