[chef-dev] Making winrm the default transport for windows

  • From: Matt Wrock < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Making winrm the default transport for windows
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:23:24 +0000

This came up on yesterday's Test-Kitchen on windows zoom call - sniffing the platform and using the winrm transport when windows if no transport is explicitly configured. I was thinking about this and thought this would break folks who currently use SSH over windows.

I think ultimately it makes sense to have winrm be the default. Perhaps the initial TK/Windows support release could display a warning that SSH as a default for windows is deprecated when a windows platform is using the SSH transport and the SSH transport is not explicitly configured.

Thoughts?