[chef-dev] Re: Re: Chef Server Support Policy?

  • From: Mike < >
  • To: Stephen Delano < >, Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Chef Server Support Policy?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 19:32:22 +0000

Did anything ever come of this?

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014, 13:46 Stephen Delano < "> > wrote:
Ohai!

I've pulled the following from an email I sent out at Chef earlier in the year, and it looks remarkably similar to RFC015:

1) We will always support $(CURRENT_MAJOR - 1) with security fixes as they become apparent.
2) We will always support $(CURRENT_MAJOR).$(CURRENT_MINOR) with security fixes as they become apparent.

The context of the email was centered around security vulnerabilities, but can be extended to major bugfixes as well. Given the above rules, I've put together the following table of Chef Server version patch support (we still support all the versions we ship):

VersionSecurity FixesBug Fixes
Chef Server12.0.0
11.1.5Only Major
10.x
Enterprise Chef11.2.5Only Major
1.4.15

I'll work on getting this formalized via RFC early next week, as well as take care of the maintainers. Enjoy the holiday!

-Stephen