[chef-dev] Re: Re: RSpec in ChefDK

  • From: Adam Jacob < >
  • To: Mike < >
  • Cc: Noah Kantrowitz < >, Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: RSpec in ChefDK
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 11:49:21 -0700

Feels like an obvious patch to me.

Adam

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Mike < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I noticed this as well.

Our current solution is to ensure that people using rspec that comes with omnibus is to have their Ruby environment set to use the ChefDK-supplied one, typically by recommending the addition of the profile-loader line, as recommended by ChefDK's installer:

    eval "$(chef shell-init bash)"

In ~/.profile or such.

Is this perfect? Nope. But it works.

For people that hack on Ruby and are more comfortable with environment mutation (like myself), we leave the env setup to them.

But for most of our team, the env setup is the way to go.

-M