[chef-dev] Re: Announcing the Chef Brigade

  • From: Joseph Holsten < >
  • To: Guilhem Lettron < >
  • Cc: , Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Announcing the Chef Brigade
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:59:07 -0700

Absolutely! I’ve added your members to chef-brigade.
--
~j

On May 10, 2015, at 2:16 PM, Guilhem Lettron < " class=""> > wrote:

Ohai everyone,

Nice initiative! Same problem happen to us a long time ago and we created similar organization: https://github.com/redguide
We are currently working on formalize rules and guideline for maintainers. Maybe we can work together?

Le sam. 9 mai 2015 à 03:44, Joseph Holsten < " class=""> > a écrit :
I definitely don’t have the equipment to do real testing. But I can definitely make sure trivial patches get merged, and help coördinate people who can test meaningful stuff.

I’ve added you to the org, feel free to transfer.

~j

> On May 8, 2015, at 6:30 PM, Eric G. Wolfe < " target="_blank" class=""> > wrote:
>
> Does anyone on Chef brigade have the ability to help me with iscsi and
> multipath cookbooks?  Being able to maintain those well requires
> access to specialized storage hardware to test configuration against.
> Since storage hardware is something I no longer use day-to-day at
> Cycle, I've found it extremely difficult to maintain these two just on
> my own.
>
> I am able/willing to co-maintain that as part of a joint effort with
> others.  Just lack some of the time, and equipment, necessary to do
> that well.
>
> Eric G. Wolfe
> email: " target="_blank" class="">
> cell: 304.942.3970
> twitter: @atomic_penguin
>
> Cycle Computing
> Better Answers. Faster.
>
> http://www.cyclecomputing.com
> twitter: @cyclecomputing
>
> On 05/08/2015 09:07 PM, Joseph Holsten wrote:
>> Anyone who’s been in the chef community for a while has felt the
>> pain of abandoned cookbooks. And in fact, I’ve found myself unable
>> to maintain the ones I care about.
>>
>> So I’ve created a github organization to own my repos. I’ve already
>> invited a number of people, and would love to invite /you/.
>> https://github.com/chef-brigade <https://github.com/chef-brigade>
>>
>> For now, this community is low ceremony. If there’s anything you’d
>> like the chef brigade to do, please let me know!
>>
>> At the moment, communications should occur on this list (chef@) or
>> irc (#chef) or the issue pages for the respective repos. Feel free
>> to contact me directly. -- ~j

  • [chef-dev] Re: Announcing the Chef Brigade, Joseph Holsten, 05/10/2015