[chef-dev] Chef DSL Helpers for Audit-Mode

  • From: Ryan Hass < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Chef DSL Helpers for Audit-Mode
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 22:54:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I have been playing with Audit mode recently, and found myself in need of performing different assertions for different platforms. I tried using the platform? and platform_family? helpers, as well as node.platform -- but in all cases it seems introspection is not available in audit mode. Is there a way to enable this, and is this something which could be added to future versions of Chef to simplify the use of Audit Mode?

-Ryan H.