re-registering nodes with the same name

  • From: snacktime <snacktime@gmail.com>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: re-registering nodes with the same name
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:09:18 -0700

I'm using chef with ec2 instances and pre assigned node names.   So when I run chef-client with -N on a new instance with a node name that is already registered, it throws an exception about not finding the cached registration.  So I went looking for the appropriate way to remove a registration.  In the chef client it's making direct rest calls to manage registrations, in the web ui it's using Chef::OpenIDRegistration.  I'm assuming the client just hasnt' been updated and OpenIDRegistration is the way to go?

What about another option to chef-client to force register if an existing registration exists?  Anyone else interested in that?

chris

  • re-registering nodes with the same name, snacktime, 04/29/2009