[chef] Re: getting recipes into chef server ????

  • From: Arjuna Christensen < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: getting recipes into chef server ????
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:11:46 +1200

Hiya!

On 8/08/2009, at 2:01 PM, Grizzly(Francis Smit) wrote:

Hi I have a working chef server but it has no recipes in it how do I add
them

You may want to read over the wiki, which covers this topic in depth: http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Getting+Started

Particularly the sections:

Create a Chef Repository

Once you have Chef installed, you should create a new Chef Repository. This is where you will keep all your Cookbooks and other configuration bits for your infrastructure.

Start Writing Cookbooks

Now that Chef is installed and you have a repository ready to store your Cookbooks, it's time to start writing them. The Cookbook Quick Start guide will walk you through creating your first Cookbook and configuring a Node.

--
AJ Christensen, Software Engineer