[chef] Re: Chef not indexing overridden attributes properly.

  • From: Barry Steinglass < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef not indexing overridden attributes properly.
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:58:23 -0800

I believe this is CHEF-694, which was just fixed in 0.8.0.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Craig Dunn < "> > wrote:

CentOS 5.2 / Chef 0.7.12 (client), 1.0.9 (server)

Hi All,

I have an odd issue with the chef indexer.  I have an attribute, :nagios:environment that should be set to X as a default, and then overridden to Y via a role.

default[:nagios][:environment] is defined in the attributes file of a recipe that gets pushed to all boxes.  For one host, I have defined a role with an override to set this value to Y.  If I view the node on the chef server (web interface) the attributes of the node show this value to be Y, after running chef-client on the client machine, when I view the attributes for the host in the search indexer it still shows the attribute as X.  I can't understand why it is ignoring the override in my role.

Any help or advice on where to look would be appreciated.

Regards
Craig