[chef] Re: New Authentication in Chef 0.8

  • From: Adam Jacob < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: New Authentication in Chef 0.8
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:24:50 -0800

Not reinventing, using directly in the signature process. The SSH key metaphor seems to resonate for most people.

If you look at the EC2 API auth, this is very similar, but with public/ private keys rather than a shared secret.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2010, at 7:30 AM, Miguel Cabeça
< >
 wrote:

Hi,

While reading the new Authentication page on Chef wiki [1] it seemed to me that it's very similar to authentication with SSL client certificates.
Are you somehow reinventing the wheel or is there some obvious benefit that I'm not aware of?

Best Regards

Miguel Cabeça

[1[ http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Authentication