[chef] Feedback from chef clients

  • From: Dmitry V'yal < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Feedback from chef clients
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:34:03 +0400

Greetings anyone,

I've finished my nginx+passenger cookbook based on one from opscode. I created the role, and added it to client node. After some time chef-client was runned by cron and cooking started. It was a low memory VirtualBox guest, so the progress was slow and all I seen was my hard-drive trashing.

While I was writing this letter the activity stopped. Is there any convenient way to get a report? Did my recipe finished successfully?

Of course, I can look into /var/log/chef/client.log, but what to do if I run the recipe on ten hosts, not one?

Best wishes,
Dmitry