[chef] Re: Re: metadata.rb

  • From: Andrew Shafer < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: metadata.rb
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:18:49 -0600

I think I just have an averse reaction to what seems like a painfully manual and error prone process.

The dependency information is relatively painless, but keeping the attributes in sync and with defaults is brittle and duplicated info.

A way to generate and/or validate the metadata from the attributes would improve that.