[chef] Re: Re: Managing network interfaces

  • From: Jesse Nelson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Managing network interfaces
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:59:43 -0700

you can manage the files directly or use the resources.   we use the resource and data bags to manage static assignments for sub-interface and vlan interfaces on some (not all) hosts..

this model has allowed me to name interfaces in json data in a data bag and reuse or search against those names in other recipes. this has worked out well for me.

i am happy to share the very simple recipe that achieves this, but its not up anywhere atm.