[chef] Re: Iterating over attributes in a template

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Iterating over attributes in a template
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:28:37 +1200

you need to yield k,v when eaching a Hash

On 12 August 2010 09:55, Landon < "> > wrote:
This might be a fundamental misunderstand on my part, but I can't
figure out how to iterate nested attributes in a template.

Here's what I have so far:

Recipe
template "/tmp/config.xml do
 source "config.xml.erb"
 variables :interface => node[:config][:interface]
end

Attributes file:
default[:config] = {
 :interface => {
   :total_cards => "75",
   :relevant_results => "6"
 }
}

Template:
     <% @interface.each do |x| %>
     <% end %>

The error I get:
Chef::Mixin::Template::TemplateError (You tried to set a nested key,
where the parent is not a hash-like object

Thoughts?  I have been beating my head on this.

Thanks,
Landon