[chef] changing the repository in SCM resource

  • From: Dmitry V'yal < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] changing the repository in SCM resource
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:29:02 +0400

Hello,

I have a following question. I deployed a bunch of scripts from several git repositories using an SCM resource to a number of workstations. Now I need to move some of repositories. I updated the repository attribute of my resources to point to new locations, but chef-0.9.6 seems to ignore the changes and tries to sync using old uri.

One solution is to delete the deployed repositories and run chef-client to deploy them afresh. I sure there must be a better way. Folks?

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry