[chef] Clear package cache?

  • From: Lee Huffman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Clear package cache?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:49:05 -0700

Hello,

I have a recipe that installs a yum repository and then immediately attempts to install packages from that repository. Unfortunately, I'm receiving errors that the package I'm trying to install isn't available.

Chef output: https://gist.github.com/d0d1316453b3a4cc7d91

However, I have no problem installing the package manually.

System output: https://gist.github.com/2f4ef87eba8bb6d7c5de

I attempted to add the following to the recipe (in between the repository's installation and the package's installation):

execute "yum clean all" do
 action :run
end

But continued to receive the same error message. Has anyone experienced this before?