[chef] Re: directory resource creates user/group?

  • From: Andrew Shafer < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: directory resource creates user/group?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:06:25 -0600

The directory resource does not create users.

Installing the package does.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Micah Wedemeyer < "> > wrote:
I'm looking through a cookbook (the Engineyard Redis cookbook here: http://github.com/engineyard/ey-cloud-recipes/tree/master/cookbooks/redis ), and I notice that it creates a directory for redis data with the uid/gid of 'redis'. But, I don't see the redis user created anywhere else.

Does the directory resource call create the user automatically? If so, what permissions and passwords is the user created with?

Thanks,
Micah