[chef] adding recipes... in a site-cookbook?

  • From: Jesse Callaway < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] adding recipes... in a site-cookbook?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:16:38 -0500

I want to add to the functionality of a cookbook by writing a recipe, along with a new template for a config file. Do site-cookbooks allow one to do this? Or is this best done using a local branch of the main cookbook?

I'm guessing this needs to be a cookbook "proper" since I'm also guessing that the metadata only comes from the main cookbook, and not from site-cookbooks.

-jesse