[chef] Re: Re: Some Questions

  • From: Martin Eigenbrodt < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Some Questions
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 07:38:54 +0100

Thanks for your reply,
more questions inline...

You can back the data up easily.  Something like this:

https://gist.github.com/671369

Stuck in a cron-job would allow you to back up the data (and perhaps
automatically check it in to source control.)

Seems like a valid solution to have backups and be able to restore data. I'll try this (It's a welcome opportunity to learn some ruby.) . Nevertheless it is still a "after facts" approach and you can't say who changed the data.

> 4)  Is there a way to download cookooks from a side including dependencies?

knife cookbook site vendor with the '-d' switch.

Hm. This seems to be git only. At the moment I've to go with svn. Are there plans to add "-d" for knife cookbooks site download?

Best regards,

Martin