[chef] Re: Re: Is CHEF-686 back from the dead? (umask problem)

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Is CHEF-686 back from the dead? (umask problem)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:04:47 -0800

On Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Eric-Olivier Lamey wrote:

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Eric-Olivier Lamey < "> > wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 I am seeing umask problems on a test chef install and, before
 reopening CHEF-686, I wanted to try to understand if this comes
 from my own mistake or if the umask setting code has been lost
 since 0.7.16.

Hi,

Has anyone seen the same problem as I have? Do you have any log
file, cache or generated certificate which are world writable permission??

If I add
File.umask Chef::Config[:umask]
at the end of "config/init.rb" for chef-server-api and chef-server-webui,
the problem is fixed.

Thank you.
If you can reliably reproduce this behavior and you have a fix, please reopen the ticket and include this information.

Dan DeLeo