[chef] Installing packages but running as non-root user

  • From: Tristan Sloughter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Installing packages but running as non-root user
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:20:04 -0600

I've been using the Chef client as a non-root user on all my nodes. It seemed like the right way to go. But now I want to be able to use the package resource to install some base packages on the CentOS nodes. Is there a way to have the resource sudo? Is it better to just run the client as root? Is there another way to accomplish this goal without running as root?

Thanks,
Tristan