[chef] Include Gloabl Variables

  • From: WEINHAPL Andreas < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Include Gloabl Variables
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:54:47 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US, fr-FR
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, fr-FR

HI,

I know that there are many ways to include global attributes into a new cookbook. But is there a way to create a global_attributes file (there are lots of information and dependencies in there)  which will be included into a new cookbook.

I think the sentences makes no sense at all (if I read it a second time) but I will explain it:

Attribute file (stands alone with no recipe and so on)

(code, ok not the real code J )

If platform = debian -> x = 23 else 24

And this information should be inserted in a file which I created with the cookbook “Whats_the_answer”

(coe, not the real one)

Create file to /tmp/blubb with information “x”

The Problem is that I only want to use 1 attributes file where all the information is stored.

I tested it with the “include recipes”-method bnut this doesn’t work for attributes, too.

Kind regards