- From: Hedge Hog <
- Subject: [chef] Chef cucumber steps
- Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:58:22 +1100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=a6WeofO0GBkZDmIrUAlDj3ql0khU6rXoK2X2yoBdfocrAxugM+yXuSJmC4duORPJe5 NUzLXdMnTs2e5n/jK+sCwPevQY58AFXM4A/NRzQtHKg2PM3wvI5KR7jTXtNlr0key1jt lilxZyYtKHy6oRnzIV51jGgJQiwS6IM781hmI=
Adding reusable Chef steps to Cuken is progressing.
At the moment I'm assuming you point to a Chef server (i.e. I don't
mock the Chef server per the upstream-Chef features).
It turns out Aruba covers much of the use case, with some convenience
steps when some configuration is required.
Knife could help in the future by warning about invalid options
instead of exiting - at the moment it looks like we'll have to
reproduce some of knife's options logic,
e.g you can't pass a cookbook path to all subcommands - some will
refuse to continue even though it is an irrelevant option.
Finally, while I'm working off the upstream-Chef steps, do people have
common steps they are tired of defining, which care to throw out here.
I interactively run Knife's "([^"]*)"
- sets stored cookbook and config paths
πόλλ' οἶδ ἀλώπηξ, ἀλλ' ἐχῖνος ἓν μέγα
[The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.]
Archilochus, Greek poet (c. 680 BC – c. 645 BC)
- [chef] Chef cucumber steps, Hedge Hog, 03/23/2011
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.